Saturday, April 13, 2013

MEMORIES OF MY 4 WEEKS IN MARSALA- NEXT IS TUSCANY

My good friends Giovanni and his son Dario - oh and the other guy is me

The final dinner at a place called SHIU SHIU which is known for grilled meats


You can see there are no rules on the roads in Sicily - people park in the direction that suits them!!

LA MIA CASA

Why plant any tree in the streets of Sicily - better to plant an orange tree which bears fruit

And the children can pick their snacks from the trees during recess!!!!

Passeggiata - as it is called in Italy - the walk or stroll through town. Marsala - a beautiful town with the sea in the background.

Meatball on wheels - gas runs about $9.00 a gallon and thus the reason for small cars - BUT this is taking it to far!!

In the USA I try to walk one hour a day - here is the view of my walk around Marsala for my daily routine

Beautiful architecture in the center of town

Chiesa Madre- literally means The Mother Church of town

George who every day filled the streets with his beautiful music  - Bellissimo


Typical shot of men congregating and talking




Passeggiata -Women walking arm in arm

Passeggiata -And its also common for men to walk arm in arm

Mercato di pesce - Fish market  -note the eel like creatures on top

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Vin!!! I did not know you posted more...usually I get an email when you blog, but I did not get one this time! Beautiful pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete